Development charges are levied on new development as well as expansions. Charges are levied by the Town, who also collect on behalf of the County of Simcoe and the Boards of Education. Residential development charges are calculated on a per dwelling unit basis. Non-residential development charges for the Town are calculated on a per square metre basis of new construction or additions to the gross floor area of existing buildings. Development charges are payable prior to the issuance of the building permit. Applicants should contact the New Tecumseth Finance Department to confirm the actual cost of development charges on a specific property.
For more information, please contact Mark Sirr at 705-435-3900 Ext. 1304 or John Henry at 705-435-3900 Ext. 1261
- Updated Development Charges Schedule (effective January 1, 2018)
- Development Charges Schedule
- 2013 Development Charges Policy By-law (2013-105)
- 2013 Development Charge By-law (2013-106)
- 2013 Hemson Development Charges Background Study (Amended September 2015)