Parks, Recreation & Culture Master Plan 2017
Who to Contact:
Parks, Recreation & Culture Department
705-435-3900 x1503 or
The Town of New Tecumseth is updating it’s Parks, Recreation and Culture (PRC) Master Plan.
A Draft Consultation PRC Master Plan was presented for Council’s consideration at their Committee of the Whole meeting on November 13th, 2017 and ratified at their Council meeting dated November 27, 2017.
Members of Council, stakeholders and the general public were asked to review the draft PRC Master Plan between November 28 and December 15, 2017 and provide further written comment.
This review period for the draft PRC Master Plan is now complete and all feedback received up to and including December 22, 2017 has been documented and will be considered by Colliers.
All comments will be considered by Colliers Project Leaders and the Technical Advisory Committee.
The finalized amended plan will be presented to Council at a Committee of the Whole Meeting scheduled for Monday, January 15th, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
All comments and input received throughout this process is sincerely appreciated.
The PRC Master Plan will align the department’s activities with the Town’s Strategic Plan, as well as other plans and guiding documents, and will:
- Provide short-term and medium/long term recommendations to assist in setting priorities for service delivery;
- Be based on input from the community received through interviews and focus groups with stakeholders, public survey information, discussions with staff, interviews with Council, Committees and Task Forces, and feedback from the public at an Open House;
- Provide recommendations for actions needed to fill parks, recreation and culture gaps and assist in managing future growth.
In its alignment with the Strategic Plan, the PRC Master Plan will respect the identity of 3 distinct communities in New Tecumseth, while considering priorities and future planning for the entire community.
Resident, Community Group, and stakeholder engagement is essential to the research phase of developing the plan. The consultation has included:
- An online survey with feedback from over 850 surveys (complete)
- Focus groups (complete)
- Public Open House (complete)
- Presentations to Council (complete)
- Community group, Council and Staff interviews (complete)
- Circulation of the draft PRC Master Plan for review and further public comment (complete)
- Presentation of finalized plan to Council (Monday, January 15, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.)
Contact Information for the PRC Master Plan.
Mail: New Tecumseth Administration Centre
PRC Master Plan
c/o PRC Department
10 Wellington Street East
Alliston ON L9R 1A1
Phone: 705-435-3900 OR 905-729-0057 ext. 1503