- After Hours Assistance
- Assessment Rolls
- Births & Marriages
- Canine Control
- Collision Tow Truck Licensing
- Commissioner of Oaths
- Community Grant Program
- Community Transportation
- Dog Tags
- Emerald Ash Borer (EAB)
- Freedom of Information Request
- Garbage & Recycling
- Kennel Licensing
- Livestock Claims
- Lottery Licensing
- Municipal Law Enforcement
- Office & Facilities Locations
- Street Sweeping
- Taxi & Limo Licensing
- Water & Waste Water Services
COMMUNITY TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
Seniors & Residents with Special Assistance Mobility Needs
In January 2005, the Interim Community Transportation Program was implemented by the Town. The program utilizes the services of New Tecumseth Taxi for conventional transportation. The program provides transportation for seniors and residents with special assistance mobility needs to attend medical appointments or procedures within the Town. In addition, once per week grocery shopping trips are also available to the nearest community to where the member resides.
For wheelchair accessible transportation, please contact CHATS – Community & Home Assistance to Seniors at 1-877-452-4287 (toll-free number) or 1-905-713-6596.
- To be eligible, applicants must be a resident of the Town of New Tecumseth age 65 or over, or a resident of the Town with special mobility assistance requirements.
- Registration forms are available by contacting the Town office at (705) 435-3900 or (905) 729-0057.
- All eligible applicants must complete the Application Form which is to be submitted to the Administration CentreIn Alliston for consideration.
- Medical appointments and/or procedures within the Town of New Tecumseth, Monday through Friday, between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Once per week grocery shopping in the nearest community, Monday through Friday, between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm
- Scheduled medical appointments/procedures at Stevenson Memorial Hospital on weekends.
- Members contact the taxi companies directly to arrange transportation requirements. 24 hour advance notice is required by the service providers to enable coordination of trips. Grocery shopping trips will be arranged on pre-assigned days.
- All transportation arrangements are subject to vehicle availability and weather conditions.
- In-Town trips are $3.00 each way.
- Trips between communities are $5.00 each way.
Registration Form (PDF)
Town of New Tecumseth
10 Wellington Street East
Alliston, Ontario L9R 1A1
Telephone: 705-435-3900 or 905-729-0057 ext. 1427