- After Hours Assistance
- Assessment Rolls
- Births & Marriages
- Canine Control
- Collision Tow Truck Licensing
- Commissioner of Oaths
- Community Grant Program
- Community Transportation
- Dog Tags
- Emerald Ash Borer (EAB)
- Freedom of Information Request
- Garbage & Recycling
- Kennel Licensing
- Livestock Claims
- Lottery Licensing
- Municipal Law Enforcement
- Office & Facilities Locations
- Street Sweeping
- Taxi & Limo Licensing
- Water & Waste Water Services
Emerald Ash Borer (EAB)
The Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) is an introduced insect pest that attacks and kills all species of ash trees in North America.
This highly-destructive beetle has killed millions of ash trees across the northeastern United States and southern Ontario since 2002, and continues its spread across the province and beyond.
There are no known methods to keep this pest away, and future efforts will focus on protecting, removing and replacing ash trees as the infestation progresses.
EAB affects trees on both municipal and private property. Residents of New Tecumseth should be informed about efforts the Town will be making to manage EAB and municipal ash trees, and about actions they can take to protect privately-owned ash trees.
For more information about the Emerald Ash Borer, please visit the following resources (available in PDF format):
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Emerald Ash Borer and ash trees (PDF)
- Managing ash trees on private property (PDF)
- The Town of New Tecumseth Response to EAB – 2017 update (PDF)
- More information about EAB (PDF)
Note: You may require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files. Click here to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader for free.