I want to:
Home > Residents > Municipal Services > Lottery Licensing Share This Print

Lottery Licensing

Municipalities are authorized to issued lottery licenses for raffles (stub draws, eliminations draws, 50/50 draws, bottle races), break-open tickets (nevada tickets), and bingos. Regulations governing these events are established by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO). Only groups and purposes which are considered charitable under the AGCO regulations may obtain licenses.

To determine if your group or your purpose for raising funds is considered charitable, please read the information on the AGCO website at www.agco.on.ca/en/whatwedo/index_charitable.aspx.  This website also has a description of the different types of lottery events, plus all forms required.

New Tecumseth licensing fees are 3% of the prize value.

For more information, contact the Clerks Department at 705-435-3900 or 905-729-0057 at extension 1225.