Who to Contact:
705-435-3900 x1226 or
Role of the Clerk
- to record, without note or comment, all resolutions, decisions and other proceedings of the council;
- If required by any member present at a vote, to record the name and vote of every member voting on any matter or question;
- To keep the originals or copies of all by-laws and of all minutes of the proceedings of the council;
- To perform the other duties required under the Municipal Act or under any other Act.
- To be responsible for conducting elections within the municipality.
- To be a commissioner for taking affidavits in the municipality.
In addition to the statutory duties, the Clerks/Administration department provides various services and is responsible for:
- Preparation and circulation of agendas and related material
- Administering legislative requirements pursuant to various acts
- Processing vital statistic information
- The processing and issuing of licenses and permits
- Municipal By-Law Enforcement
- Canine Control
- School Crossing Guards
- Committee of Adjustment administration
- Sign Permits
- Circulation of Planning Notices
- Certification of documents
Municipal Closed Meeting Investigator Information
Integrity Commissioner Information