I want to:
Home > Town Hall > Employment / Volunteering > Crossing Guards Share This Print

Crossing Guards

Looking for a way to give back to the Community?

Become a school crossing guard & help make our community safer for children.

We are accepting applications for substitute crossing guards for various locations. This is an excellent opportunity for those who want to re-enter the workforce part-time.  Maybe you are not ready to fully retire or maybe you have been home raising your children and want to work a few hours a week. Whatever the reason this is an excellent opportunity to get back in the workforce with occasional hours and give back to the community by ensuring the safety of the children getting to and from school.

Self-motivated, personable and able to communicate effectively, you will ensure elementary school children cross safely at designated school crossing locations within our urban centres in the Town of New Tecumseth.  You are required to obey all established safety regulations and report and document any concerns.  Committed and reliable, you will be on an on-call basis and will be required to work in various weather and traffic conditions.

We provide our crossing guards with training and equipment to keep them safe and guarded against the weather.

Employment will be subject to a satisfactory police check.


If you are interested in this position please send resume to:  or stop by the Administration Centre, 10 Wellington St. E., Alliston to complete an application and submit to Human Resources.


Please call Tammy Brettle at 705-435-3900 or 905-729-0057 ext. 1292

Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment.  We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.

The Town of New Tecumseth is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.  If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.