At the Tottenham Conservation Area we have beautiful nature sites for tents and full service sites available for RV campers. You will also find:
- Full washroom / shower facilities are available
- Pay telephone
- Nature sites for tents
- Grocery stores & laundry nearby
- Excellent restaurants a pleasant 5 minute walk away
- RV facilities:
- easy access serviced sites
- sewage dumping stations
- 15 & 30 amp hookups
- Filling Station
Seasonal & Short term Camping Permit/Rules & Regulations – 2017
To make your stay more enjoyable for yourself and others, please follow the Conservation Area Rules and Regulations. These guidelines are put in place to help ensure the safety and enjoyment of all users of the Tottenham Conservation Area. Your co-operation is appreciated. Please be a courteous, responsible camper – respect your neighbour. The park is not to be used as a residence; it is for camping purposes only.
- Camping permits must be signed and paid in full to be considered valid. Camping permits are not transferable or assignable. Seasonal sites may be occupied the Monday prior to the park opening date of May 19th, 2017. Please note on your request form if you will be doing so. All seasonal permits expire on September 30, 2017.
- PERSON(S) INVOLVED IN ANY PHYSICAL OR VERBALLY ABUSIVE ALTERCATION WILL BE EVICTED IMMEDIATELY. The police will be notified and a report filed. The decision of the Park Supervisor, or designate is final in these matters.
- SEASONAL AND NON-SEASONAL CAMPERS SITUATED IN CERTAIN SITES MAY BE REQUIRED TO MOVE TO AN ALTERNATE SERVICED SITE ON OR BEFORE JUNE 18, 2017 to accommodate the Bluegrass Festival activities on June 17, 18 & 19, 2017. All other Seasonal Campers agree to move, if requested, to an alternate serviced site during the 2017 Bluegrass Festival. Seasonal campers must abide by Bluegrass Festival rules and regulations for the duration of the event.
- An ALCOHOL BAN is in effect Victoria Day Weekend, Canada Day Weekend, Civic Holiday Weekend and Labour Day Weekend. Alcohol consumption is restricted to your campsite during all other days and times. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the park, beach and playground areas.
- Campfire wood can be purchased from TCA staff, and neatly stored in a pile no larger than 2.5 meters long by 1 meter high by .5 meters deep. Outside wood for campfires are not permitted on TCA property. Trees are Conservation Area property and are not to be used as firewood.
- Recreational campfires are permitted only in the designated fire pit ring. Fire pit rings are not to be moved. No fires shall be of such size as to constitute a danger to the public. Do not burn garbage, plastics or other toxic materials.
- Campfires shall:
- be under the supervision of a person at least 18 years of age at all times;
- be maintained in a safe and orderly manner and only firewood and reasonable starting materials shall be used;
- be completely extinguished after use;
- be prohibited if the fire hazard is significant in the opinion of the Park Supervisor or designate whose decision in all matters related to campfires is final.
- Campfires are not permitted when a FIRE BAN is in effect.
- No more than one (1) pet per campsite unless approved by the Park Supervisor or designate.
- All pets must be kept on a leash at all times with the leash not to exceed two (2) meters’ in length.
- Pets are not allowed in the washrooms, the swimming area, waterfront beach area, playground sandy areas or beach volleyball area.
- No pet shall be left unattended or allowed to disturb other patrons. Pet owners are required to carry a bag to clean up after your pet as per New Tecumseth By-law #93-131.
- A child who cannot control or clean up after the pet should not be walking the pet alone.
- Pets must have proof of annual vaccinations.
- Only usual domestic pets (cats, dogs, caged birds) may be kept on campsite. Pets that constitute a potential danger or are a disturbance to the public are not allowed on site. The decision and opinion of the Park Supervisor or designate is final.
- Any trailer not having a grey water holding tank(s) is required to purchase and connect a portable commercial tank.
- No dumping of any liquids in the washroom buildings or port-a-potties. A dumping station is provided for your convenience. All grey water and sewage must be properly disposed of at the dumping station and may not be discharged anywhere else within the Conservation Area.
- Garbage must be bagged and deposited in the bins provided. The bins provided are for campground garbage only. Outside garbage is not permitted. Large household items are not to be brought into the campgrounds nor left at the garbage bins.
- Please use the recycling boxes provided and sort your recycling accordingly. Propane BBQ are permitted on grounds and must be attended to at all times, CHARCOAL BBQ’s is not permitted.
- A maximum of one vehicle is permitted per site at any time. All others must park in the parking lot.
- The rules of the roads also apply in the park for motor vehicles and bicycles. No biking after dark. Only licensed drivers are permitted to operate a motorized vehicle. Maximum speed within the park is 5 km/h. Vehicle traffic is prohibited after 11:00 pm.
WATER SYSTEM – RESTRICTIONS:
- Please conserve water. The Park water system is limited and the Tottenham water service area is often under water restrictions during the summer months. (By-law #95-81). Campers must abide by these restrictions and refrain from washing vehicles, campers, watering grass, etc.
- Trailers more than ten years old are not permitted in the park for seasonal camping
- Campsite inspections will be conducted throughout the season.
- All sites must be kept neat, orderly and clutter free. Only outdoor furnishings are permitted in outdoor living areas.
- No freezers, refrigerators or any other appliance except a propane or charcoal fuelled barbecue shall be used or stored outside of a trailer unit.
- For your camping comfort, and those around you, we allow one family (2 adults and their children) to a maximum of 5 persons per site. Only one family unit is permitted on each site. Adults (Minimum 21 years) camping on one site are restricted to four adults and two tents per site. Dining and shade tents are allowed.
- Permit Holder must be 21 years of age to register in our campground.
- The registered camper is responsible for their children and other friends or relatives visiting their campsite and anywhere within the park property; the actions or violations by these people are the responsibility of the registered camper and may lead to the cancellation of your camping privileges.
- All day visitors must sign in at the Gatehouse and are subject to a nominal admission/parking fees. Parking has been provided for visitors in the parking lot.
- Visitors must leave the Conservation Area by 8pm Mon-Thurs and Sunday and 10pm Fri-Sat.
- Removal or damage to any trees, shrubs, fence, equipment, park material or items within the Conservation Area is not permitted and the camper will be held responsible for all damages incurred.
- Quiet time is between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am. Excessive noise or engaging in activities that disturb other campers and park neighbours will not be tolerated. Amplified speakers are prohibited.
- Please respect your neighbour and return to your campsite by 11:00 pm. Failure to comply will result in disciplinary action.
- No child under the age of 18 is permitted to stay overnight unaccompanied by an adult. Use of parents’ seasonal campsite by young adults is not permitted without the Supervisor’s prior approval. Group parties are not permitted.
- The Tottenham Conservation Area is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged articles.
- All campsites are subject to the regulations under the Conservation Authority Act.
- Physical or verbal abuse from any individual(s) will lead to immediate eviction(s) with assistance from the police. Refunds will not be issued.
- The Corporation of The Town of New Tecumseth shall not be liable for any personal injury or property damage incurred while on Town owned property.
- Visitors are advised of the disc golf course and activities taking place within TCA. Please be cognizant of flying discs in and around your camping or activity area.
- Camping permits must be visible at all times.
- Checkout time is 12:00 pm (NOON). Please notify gate attendant before 10:00 am if you wish to change the length of your stay from your original registration. Extensions may be granted or refused dependent on availability. Check-in time is 2:00 pm. If you arrive before 2:00 pm, and your site is not ready, you are welcome to enjoy the use of the facility until your site is ready for occupation.
- Campers must have a valid fishing license if they wish to fish at the Conservation Area.
- LIFEGUARDS are not on duty. Parent or Guardian must supervise children under 16 years of age in all swimming areas,no exceptions. Personal Flotation Devices are recommended to be used at all times.
VIOLATIONS OF ONE OR MORE OF ANY OF THE RULES AND REGULATIONS LISTED ABOVE MAY LEAD TO THE CANCELLATION OF YOUR CAMPING PERMIT, WITHOUT REFUND, ALONG WITH EVICTION FROM THE TOTTENHAM CONSERVATION AREA PROPERTY.
THE DECISION OF THE PARK SUPERVISOR, OR DESIGNATE, ARE FINAL IN THESE MATTERS.