Who to Contact:
Parks, Recreation & Culture
705-435-4030 x1500 or
– Summer Day Camp Parent Package (PDF)
Town of New Tecumseth Day Camps are designed to keep participants busy and safe in a fun and interactive environment! Day Camps take place both in Tottenham and Alliston. All programs are geared to campers ages 5-11 unless otherwise indicated. Although physical play and activities will be included in every day, programs are designed to accommodate all abilities. All day campers will enjoy swimming and outdoor play as a part of their program.
General Camp Information
Day Camp hours:
- Camp operates from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday to Friday. Camp does not run on Statutory Holidays or weekends.
- Camp start and end times must be respected or an additional fee will apply. Please see Extended Care for more information.
Town of New Tecumseth traditional Summer Camp is developed for children ages 5-11 years old.
If your child requires 1:1 support during their camp day, Inclusion Facilitators are available to assist at all locations. For more information regarding personal support at camp, please contact the Program Coordinator as early as possible. Spaces are limited. Child Information packages must be filled out and returned to the Program Coordinator well before the start of camp.
Campers will visit the Alliston Rotary Pool once a week weather permitting. Rain days will be made up if possible. A facility swim test will be administered by lifeguards to campers upon their arrival to the pool, as per the Pool Admission Guidelines. All campers must adhere to these guidelines and all pool rules and regulations must be followed at all times. Failure to do so will result in missed pool days. All weak or non-swimmers must wear a life-jacket at all times in the pool enclosure. Prior to entering pool enclosure, campers will be given a pool pinnie to wear. This will help identify all Campers. Please contact Guest Services for more information or to register.
Before Care and After Care is available for (Before Care 7:30am-9:00am, After Care from 4:00pm-5:30pm). Before and After Care can be combined for $45/week, $25.00 Before only, $25.00 for After Care only. You must preregister your child for extended care. $1.00 per minute will be charged to the account on file for each addition minute over the designated Extended Care hours. All outstanding balances pertaining to camp must be cleared prior to registering for next program or camp.
Our day camps are now offering Pizza Day Fridays! $3.00 (1 slice/ drink) $5.00 (2 slices/ 1 drink). All pizza orders are due on the Tuesday of each week. Cash payment is required at time of order.
What to Bring to Camp:
Camp shirt, hat, sunscreen, Nut-free snacks/lunch, refillable bottle with water, bathing suit/towel, running shoes, and a change of clothing. Please put your child’s name on all items brought to camp- including clothing. Lost and found will be kept for one week and then items will be donated.
DO NOT BRING:
Please leave all personal valuables at home. Toys and electronic devices (ipod, cell phone etc.) are not permitted during camp time. These items will remain in the campers backpack if brought to camp. Assist devices are welcomed to accommodate any special needs. Please contact Program Coordinator prior to camp start date if you have any questions.
What should parents know?
Health & Safety is our TOP PRIORITY
- We strictly adhere to a sign in/sign out system. A signature will be required each time you drop off & pick up your child. Anyone picking a child up, must provide proof of ID, as well as be on the approved pick up list. No Exceptions.
- Camper Release Form: The Camper Release Form must be provided prior to camp. You may download a copy here: Camper Release Form.
- All persons involved with transporting a child to and from camp must be listed on this form. This form also indicates any persons who shall not be granted permission to pick up child.
- Written permission (via form) must be provided prior to picking up any child. Photo ID must be presented at time of pick up and sign-out procedure followed. Under no exceptions will a child be released to anyone other than the persons listed on form, and Id provided at sign out.
- If a child is granted permission to walk home, they must be at least 10 years old and permission must be granted in writing- see Camper Release Form.
- SUNSCREEN APPLICATION: Counsellors will not apply sunscreen to any camper without prior written consent from a parent. If child needs assistance it must be in writing. Spray Sunscreen is a great option for anyone needing assistance. Please see Camper Release Form
- In order to make camp a positive experience please include, at the time of registration, details on any special needs, allergies, medical concerns and if any personal support is required.
- We do not administer medication.
Please review the following safety-oriented rules with your child to ensure camper safety:
- Campers will not be permitted to leave camp, unless signed out as per the Camper Release Form
- Campers will never be left unattended and will always be accompanied by camp staff members.
- All Campers and Parents/Guardians must adhere to the Program Safety Contract at all times.
- The Town of New Tecumseth Parks, Recreation and Culture Department reserves the right to suspend or withdraw a camper from the program at anytime, if the Program Safety Contract is breached.
- All campers are expected to assist in clean up after activities and at the end of each day.