Here is an easy way to pay your Water/Sewer Bills or Property Tax Bills to the Town of New Tecumseth. This voluntary program authorizes your financial institution to automatically withdraw your payments from your bank account and forward them to the Town of New Tecumseth.
HOW TO SIGN-UP
Step 1: Choose the payment plan(s) you prefer.
Step 2: Complete the attached registration form (include a void cheque) and return it to Town of New Tecumseth, 10 Wellington Street East, Alliston, Ontario L9R 1A1
HOW THE PLAN WORKS
There are three plans available:
Water/Sewer Bill -
Your bill will be deducted automatically from your account at your financial institution on the due date and the amount will appear in your passbook or statement. You will continue to receive your Water/Sewer bill which reflects the automatic payment and allows you to track your consumption. To sign-up : Do so anytime. Note: We will put a message on your bill to advise you that your account has been put on the Preauthorized Payment Plan. Please continue to pay your bill in the usual manner until you receive this message.
- Property Tax Bill – Option 1 – Monthly Payments for Current Taxes
This option is available to ratepayers who have no tax arrears. Ten percent (10%) of your previous years taxes will be withdrawn on the 15th of the month for the interim taxes and once the final taxes for the year are calculated a recalculation of your payment will be done and a letter sent to you stating your new monthly payment. This plan runs for ten months JANUARY TO OCTOBER each year. There will be no payments in NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER.
- Property Tax Bill – Option 2 – Payments on the Regular Due Dates
This option is for ratepayers who have no tax arrears and wish to continue to pay the four tax instalments but have them paid directly out of their bank account on the due date. The interim and final bills will still be issued to you so you will know the instalment amounts and the due dates for the automatic payments to be withdrawn.
– You may only enrol in this program, if your accounts are paid in full.
– Once you have signed up, you will automatically remain in the program until you choose to withdraw in writing.
– You may change your bank information or cancel your participation in the plan by providing written notice at least 30 days before the next payment due date. If you are cancelling the plan, you must immediately pay the outstanding balance in full, to avoid interest charges.
– If any preauthorized payment does not clear through your bank account, the Town will charge a $30.00 administration fee and interest charges. You will be automatically removed from the preauthorized plan and returned to the regular instalment plan.
– Supplementary tax bills will not be included in the preauthorized payment plan.