Volunteer Fire Fighter
The Town of New Tecumseth receives and reviews applications for the position of Volunteer (part-time) firefighters from persons over the age of 18 annually during our Fall Recruitment Drive. Positions are posted in the first week of August of each year.
Recruitment for each Fire Station will be dependent on the available positions.
As a firefighter for the Town of New Tecumseth you will be required to perform various duties under emergency conditions frequently involving considerable hazard. Work will also include routine duties in the maintenance of firefighting vehicles, equipment and fire department facilities. Those applying must be capable of functioning as part of a group and under adverse conditions.
Applications will be reviewed with the following priorities:
- 18 years of age or older
- Proximity of location to Fire Station
- Available to attend training sessions
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Driver’s Licence in good standing (proof required after offer of position).
- No criminal or summary convictions that would adversely affect public trust (proof required after offer of position).
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
*Note – Once hired, the Town reserves the right to review participation, as a volunteer Fire Fighter should the place of employment or residence change or availability to respond to calls diminishes.
- DZ Licence with air brake endorsement (Required to successfully complete probation)
- Previous firefighting experience
- Education related to firefighting
- Construction or building experience
- Experience operating heavy equipment or driving commercial vehicles
- Ability to respond during business hours
Applications may be obtained here or at:
Town of New Tecumseth Administration Centre
10 Wellington St. E, Alliston or
Joint Operations Centre
6558- 8th Concession, Beeton
Inquiries may be directed to:
Fire Chief Dan Heydon 705-435-3900 or 905-729-0057 ext. 1425
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted
The Town of New Tecumseth is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.